About The Event
Instructor: Thomas Auld, RST™, RS@ST™
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Scrum@Scale: The Scaling Framework from the Co-creator of Scrum.
Our Scrum@Scale courses are interactive and teach how to scale Scrum through a combination of lectures, hands-on exercises, and real-world case studies. Our instructors are S@S experts who, when not in the classroom, are actively coaching, training, and transforming teams at Fortune 500 companies around the globe. All of our instructors are trained and credentialed by the co-creator of Scrum and creator of Scrum@Scale, Dr. Jeff Sutherland.
From Fortune 100 companies to start-ups, Scrum@Scale® transforms organizations into Agile enterprises. The Scrum@Scale framework is the brainchild of Dr. Jeff Sutherland, the co-creator of Scrum and the founder of Scrum Inc.
Scrum@Scale naturally extends the core Scrum framework to deliver hyper-productive results across industries and disciplines, including software, hardware, services, operations, and R&D. In our Registered Scrum@Scale Practitioner (RS@SP) training, you will learn how to apply fundamental Scrum and Lean product development skills to scale Scrum from one to many teams across any sized initiative.
In this course, you will learn how to apply fundamental Scrum and Lean product development skills to scale Scrum from one to many teams across any sized initiative. The Scrum@Scale® course teaches the responsibilities of the Product Owner, individual Scrum teams, and enterprise leadership in a variety of large-scale contexts.
As a Registered Scrum@Scale Practitioner™ you will be prepared to:
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration and release planning with tens, hundreds or thousands of people
- Create and prioritize a transformation Backlog to overcome impediments to scaling
- Measure and improve key Scrum metrics at an Enterprise level
- Deliver 5 times as much work without adding new teams
The Scrum@Scale® course teaches the responsibilities of the Product Owner, individual Scrum teams, and enterprise leadership in a variety of large-scale contexts.
Students in this class will learn how to:
- Overcome the challenges of cross-team dependencies with an emphasis on prioritization at the enterprise level
- Understand the impact of being able to refactor an organization to meet changing market demands
- Develop a transformation backlog to scale your organization’s reach and impact
- Measure and improve key metrics for Enterprise agility
- Scrum Master Course OR
- Comparable real-world experience implementing Scrum OR
- Completion of a Scrum Product Owner course is encouraged but not required.
We recommend reading the official Scrum@Scale Guide prior to the class.
Upon completion of this course and the official Scrum@Scale exam, Scrum Inc. will provide a Registered Scrum@Scale Practitioner™ credential signed by Dr. Jeff Sutherland, the creator of Scrum.
Who should take this class:
- Anybody who is responsible for building products and services that are essential for their organization’s success.
- Managers are responsible for prioritizing work for teams and individuals.
- Aspiring Product Owners and Product Managers.
- Scrum Masters who want to understand how to better support their Product Owner
- Organizational Leaders who want to leverage agility to increase productivity, reduce waste, and create a more resilient organization to disruption.
- Professionals looking to add a globally recognized certification to their resume to expand their career options and earning potential.
Where is the class:
- The Hollstadt training space is located: 1305 Corporate Center Drive, Lower Level, Eagan, MN 55121
- Parking is in front of the building.
- We will have signs inside to direct you to the training center on the lower level of the building.
Do I need a computer for class?
- You will not need a computer for our in-person classes.
- For our live, online courses you must have a computer, reliable connection, Zoom Platform available with video and audio, and access to Mural.
- Do you offer group discounts?
- Yes, we offer group discounts. If you have 5 or more participants from a company, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a group discount.
Do you offer help for people in a job transition?
- Yes, we have grants and scholarship opportunities. Please reach out to email@example.com to get the information.
What time does the course begin?
- Typically, 8:30 AM CST to 5:00 PM CST
- All course schedules are listed on the course registration page. Please check the specific course that you are interested in attending. For participants seeking to earn the credential, you cannot miss more than 2 hours of the course. Be sure to note the time zone and set your calendar reminders appropriately.
How should I dress?
- There is no dress code. Most attendees wear business casual, jeans are fine. For our in-person courses, we suggest layers in case the room temperature becomes uncomfortable for you.
Is food provided?
- For our in-person courses, we will provide continental breakfast (8:00 – 8:30 a.m.), a box lunch option along with all-day coffee, beverages, and snacks. Please let us know if you have any special dietary restrictions or considerations, so we can alter our catering order to better meet your needs. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Following the first day of the course, we invite all class participants to attend a reception with the Hollstadt Inc. team. Beer, wine, and snacks are on us.
What if I need to transfer to a different date?
- If you need to change your class, we can move you to another class. You can also transfer your registration to another person. Please contact our training team to transfer at email@example.com.
What is your cancellation policy?
- You may cancel your registration and receive a full refund if you cancel two weeks before the start date of the class. Thereafter, we will happily transfer your registration to another date or give you credit to register for a future class.
- If you need to cancel, please contact our training team at firstname.lastname@example.org.