About The Event
PRODUCT OWNER CLASS DESCRIPTION
Instructor: Thomas Auld, RST™, RS@ST™
2 Day Class
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM CST
Our Registered Product Owner™(RPO) training was developed by the co-creator of Scrum, Dr. Jeff Sutherland. Through a combination of interactive exercises, you’ll get hands-on experience as a Product Owner. We will share in-depth case studies from our own coaching experiences in the field and answer your questions. Our training will provide you with the knowledge and the tools you’ll need for success.
In this course, you will learn how to assess business value, prioritize features, projects, and portfolios, as well as return real revenue with the product backlog.
Suggested Prerequisite: Registered Scrum Master training or prior knowledge of Scrum is extremely helpful.
As a Scrum Inc. trained Product Owner, you will be prepared to:
- Create and maintain a compelling product vision.
- Build a ready Product Backlog
- Deliver the right product in the right order at the right time.
- Embrace the role of Product Owner by being knowledgeable, available, decisive, and accountable.
- Pass the Scrum Product Owner test and earn your credential.
The only Scrum Product Owner training developed by the co-creator of Scrum, Dr. Jeff Sutherland.
Our unique Scrum Product Owner curriculum was developed by Scrum founder, Dr. Jeff Sutherland. Each instructor has taught this class alongside Jeff. When they’re not in the classroom, our instructors are actively coaching, training, and transforming teams around the globe. They’ll bring their real-world experience to answer your toughest questions.
Earn Professional Development Units
This course also counts as 16 PMI PDUs, as well as 16 of the 21 contact hours needed for the PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification.
Who should take this class:
- Anybody that is responsible for building products and services that are essential for thier organizations success.
- Managers that are resposible for prioritizing work for teams and individuals.
- Aspiring Product Owners and Product Managers.
- Scrum Masters that want to understand how to better support their Product Owner
- Organizational Leaders that want to leverage agility to increase productivity, reduce waste, and create a more resilient organization to disruption.
- Professionals looking to add a globally recognized certification to their resume to expand their career options and earning potential.
Where is the class:
- The Hollstadt training space is located: 1305 Corporate Center Drive, Lower Level, Eagan, MN 55121
- Parking is in front of the building.
- We will have signs inside to direct you to the training center on the lower level of the building.
Do I need a computer for class?
- You will not need a computer for our in-person classes.
- For our live, online courses you must have a computer, reliable connection, Zoom Platform available with video and audio, and access to Mural.
- Do you offer group discounts?
- Yes, we offer group discounts. If you have 5 or more participants from a company, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a group discount.
Do you offer help for people in a job transition?
- Yes, we have grants and scholarship opportunities. Please reach out to email@example.com to get the information.
What time does the course begin?
- Typically, 8:30 AM CST to 5:00 PM CST
- All course schedules are listed on the course registration page. Please check the specific course that you are interested in attending. For participants seeking to earn the credential, you cannot miss more than 2 hours of the course. Be sure to note the time zone and set your calendar reminders appropriately.
How should I dress?
- There is no dress code. Most attendees wear business casual, jeans are fine. For our in-person courses, we suggest layers in case the room temperature becomes uncomfortable for you.
Is food provided?
- For our in-person courses, we will provide continental breakfast (8:00 – 8:30am), a box lunch option along with all-day coffee, beverages, and snacks. Please let us know if you have any special dietary restrictions or considerations, so we can alter our catering order to better meet your needs. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Following the first day of the course, we invite all class participants to attend a reception with the Hollstadt Inc. team. Beer, wine, and snacks are on us.
What if I need to transfer to a different date?
- If you need to change your class, we can move you to another class. You can also transfer your registration to another person. Please contact our training team to transfer at email@example.com.
What is your cancellation policy?
- You may cancel your registration and receive a full refund if you cancel two weeks before the start date of the class. Thereafter, we will happily transfer your registration to another date or give you credit to register for a future class.
- If you need to cancel, please contact our training team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any other questions, please contact us at email@example.com.