Great Agile Leaders Start Here.
Leader Blueprint Case Study Results
Company & Team
Team: 5 senior leaders of online sports nutrition company
- CEO, CFO, COO, CTO, Chief Customer Officer
- Vegan friendly sports nutrition and wellness products delivered by ecommerce platform.
Where They Started
- 4 product lines being equally funded for marketing and growth through ecommerce platform.
- Product A producing 70% of revenue.
- Product B producing 15% of revenue.
- Product C producing 10% of revenue.
- Product D producing 5% of revenue.
- Business is not profitable.
- Took 45 days to take a new idea and get it on the website.
Of 4 product lines
- 30% revenue increase in total
- Business starting to turn a monthly profit.
- Adjusted funding model to focus on highest potential growth products
- Introduced 2 new products based on customer demand and feedback.
- “Retired” 2 existing products due to lack of results.
- Averaged 14 days to take a new idea and implement it on the website equaling a 68% improvement.
- Improved automated testing to speed up weekly deployments.
- Created by team of volunteers from team 1 & 2.
- -Updated product funding model to a quarterly funding process
- – Created a customer advisory team to provide immediate feedback on products and website usability.
- Implemented online marketing campaign to align with product highlights and releases. – Updated organizational design to reduce decision latency.
- “Tom helped us focus on what was important by using data to help us prove out our ideas” – CEO.
- “Tom allowed for us to try new ideas and build the skills that will make our company a long term success” – COO.
- “Tom only cared about us meeting our business goals” – CTO.
- “Helping us understand how to adjust our funding model, made us nimbler and more sustainable as a company” – CFO.